Thursday, May 28, 2009

Products I Love

  1. President’s Choice Butter Chicken sauce I've tried to make Indian food at home on numerous occasions, and after what feels like hours of chopping, sauteeing and simmering, it seems to end up looking a lot like baby poo, and smelling only slightly better. But The President makes a Butter chicken sauce that is wonderful, and requires only opening a jar.
  2. L’oreal Voluminous Mascara I possess only four very long, very dark eyelashes on each lid, and making them look like normal person eyelashes is a lot of work. I've tried almost every mascara on the planet that promises to make my eyelashes look full and lush and thick, and L'Oreal's is the only one that seems to actually make that happen.
  3. Keri Lotion For many reasons, I am glad to have been born in the late 20th century: antibiotics, modern dentistry, cheap and abundant chocolate. But had I been born in an earlier time, I'm sure I'd have died prematurely, simply because my skin would have blown right off me. I have the driest skin imaginable. I am very grateful for Keri Lotion, because it is blissfully moisturizing, and it leaves a nice, sort of shiny finish to my skin. And I like looking like I'm made out of latex.
  4. Glad press and seal It's the most expensive cling wrap you can buy, but, man does it do the job. You can seal that sucker down on almost any bowl or plate or to itself and make a near indestructable seal that stays put. Worth every penny.
  5. Neutrogena Healthy skin lotion This is the stuff I put on my face. (For reasons inexplicable to me, women use one kind of stuff on their faces and another kind of lotion on their bodies. I'm sure there is not a lick of difference between the two products, but I'm been brainwashed like everyone else to believe there is, so I persist, even though I'm well aware of it.) This is great stuff; it has an SPF of 15, so lazy slobs like me don't have to put on sunscreen as well, it's got an alpha-hydroxy acid in it, so my skin never looks dull or flakey, and, best of all, it's cheap.
  6. Tetley tea My mother, who takes her tea very seriously, uses only Tetley tea, and therefore, so do I. I once tried to save, oh, about 35 cents by buying the store brand tea, and rued the day, let me tell you. It was awful stuff, and my mother has not quite forgiven me for serving it to her. We still can't laugh about it yet.
  7. Frizz-Ease by John Frieda You can beleive me when I say I have tried every imaginable product on the market to tame frizzy hair. (I think one of the reasons I became a hairdresser was to support my hair product habit.) And you can also believe me when I say that few people have the ridiculous access to the cornicopia of hair products out there that I do. So when I say that Frizz-Ease by John Frieda is the best hair de-frizzer out there, believe that, too.
  8. Lindor chocolate My sister-in-law actually owns her own chocolate company. which is stupendous, and you really should find some of her stuff immediately. And I am endlessly in awe of someone who wants a certain kind of chocolate so badly that she would set up her own company to make it....I mean, that is dedication. And she has badly ruined me for any sort of mediocre chocolate at all. I can't be bothered with Kit Kats or Aeros now, it's Belgian and Swiss chocolate for me all the way. When there's no Hazelnut Crunch to be had, Lindors Truffles are a very nice alternative.
  9. Pampered chef stone ware Many moons ago, I sold Pampered Chef products, mostly because I am a kitchen gadget junkie and it was a good way to get some at a discount and not endanger my marriage. Anyway, one of the things I discovered along the way is their stoneware baking sheets, cake pans and roasting dishes. They are genius. Because they are porous, things crisp up way better than on metal, and although food can over cook, it doesn't seem to burn as easily. And you just give it a good scrubbing with hot water (NO SOAP!) and they are clean. I don't know what I'd do without them.
  10. Smuckers Seed-Free Jam Raspberry jam with seeds is pure torture. Smuckers makes a tasty, fruity jam without seeds at all, and it's amazing how much better your day goes when you aren't picking seeds out of your teeth.
  11. OPI Nail Polish The Cadillac of nail polishes. Fabulous colours, it goes on beautifully and stays on for days and days.


11.

No comments: