1. Say "please" and "thank you". It costs nothing to be polite.
2. Happiness is a choice.
3. Carry a pen.
4. Check in a full length mirror before you leave the house. Rear view, too. And go to the bathroom, while you are at it.
5. Attend funerals, if at all possible. Nobody ever said "well, that funeral was a complete waste of time, I should never have bothered".
6. Don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone makes mistakes. What did you learn from it? (This includes boyfriends, speeding tickets and egregios fashion choices.)
7. Never wake a sleeping baby. You will regret it.
8. Don't worry about what other people are thinking about you. They aren't. They are starring in their own movie, and you are merely playing a bit part in it.
9. Double the vanilla and triple the chocolate in every recipe.
10. If you are old enough to have worn it the first time it was in style, you are too old to wear it the next time around. Yes, really.