Thursday, August 5, 2010

We Need To Talk....

Dear Formerly Fabulous Client,

You know, this has been great, it really has, but I think it's become clear to us both that this just isn't working any more.

We used to have such a great time together; I'd do your hair and you'd really like it and then you'd over tip me and and we'd have a blast the whole time. I used to really look forward to seeing your name in the appointment book, and you couldn't wait to come in and have your hair done.

Maybe I've been taking you for granted, giving you the same highlights over and over again. Maybe I should have pushed you to try something different. Maybe I'm just not adventurous for you.....(I really do think that a whole head bleach application is a bad idea.) And it's been getting longer and longer between appointments.....I'll confess, once or twice I thought you might be seeing someone else behind my back.

But lately, you've been booking appointments and not showing up. Or cancelling at the last minute. And let's be honest here, you have been a big fat drag when you do show up; hung over and cranky with very greasy hair. And your boyfriend is a jackass and I'm tired of hearing about it. And it's becoming more and more obvious that we are just not good for each other any more.

So, Client, I think we should see other people. Really, it's for the best. I'm sure another hairdresser will be much less concerned that you sleep in past every. single. freaking. Saturday appointment, and leave a hole in her day the size of a Buick. Some hairdresser's don't mind that. Unfortunately, I do.

Good luck to you, and I'm hoping we can still be friends. Take care, and stay away from the 40 volume peroxide.

Thanks,
Mrs. Loudshoes.

No comments: