Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Feel It Hot, Hot, Hot.

It's pretty hot here....I'm not complaining, I'm just stating a fact. After the nastiest, unending winter we just had, followed by the grimmest spring on record, I swore I would never complain about the heat again. And I'm not....I'm just enjoying the fact that my feet are warm for the first time in 8 months. And they are VERY warm.



It got up to 33°C today, and as humid as you could imagine. It was like living in dishwasher.

We haven't put on the air conditioner yet; as hot as it is, the temperatures are supposed to moderate tomorrow, and honestly, we have the windows all shut up for most of the year, I hate to close them when it finally gets warm. We only put on the air conditioner when it's going to be this hot for a few days, and we are in danger of actually puddling on the floor.


Toby has morphed into a state of "cat butter", as he has smeared himself all over any and all available cool surfaces around the house.

When I came home from work and started getting dinner ready, I put on a fan in the kitchen, to make it a bit more comfortable. When I came in from lighting the BBQ, this is what I found:
I should have put an apple in his mouth.
I don't know why he doesn't go down into the basement, it's much cooler down there. I suppose he wants to stay up where the humans are; you never know when someone might be doling out tuna.

I'm determined to enjoy the heat, and try to remember what it was like to be cold. Maybe I should stretch out on the kitchen table.

No comments: