Thursday, May 15, 2008

Loudshoes and the Chocolate Factory.


It's hard to come across anything that makes my children happier than chocolate, and a chocolate fondue positively puts them into spasms of delight. Last night I went to a meeting at Big Liver Girls house for the retina research fundraiser I was involved in, and she had a chocolate fountain there. (Note to self: the next time I want to rope people into doing something for me, bewitch them with the promise of a chocolate fountain. They will be enchanted utterly, and will do your bidding without question.)
We are the happy beneficiaries of the leftovers.We did not get the entire fountain, we just got the pound and a half of very good chocolate, which we will no doubt consume until it is finished or we are in a diabetic coma, which ever comes first.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 spent a good ten minutes discussing the possible dipping items, including the usual bananas, strawberries and pound cake. They also considered (and rejected) peanuts (too small), raspberries (too squishy) and potato chips (too disgusting). They are upstairs at the moment happily submerging marshmallows, pretzels and digestive cookies, and also encasing themselves in chocolate. I will be sandblasting the kitchen later.
But they are so happy, and quiet, and that is all I really ask for. And my own bowl of liquified chocolate and dippers. Maybe I'll try the potato chips.

No comments: