Monday, May 5, 2008

The World's Happiest Cat.

Life truly couldn't get any better for Toby at the moment; the sun is shining, it's warm, the people go outside and keep him company occasionally, and there are an abundance of tiny, baby animals stumbling around, just begging to be slaughtered.

When I came home from work last Friday, I was enthusiastically greeted on the front porch by a very proud cat and a headless baby bunny. After nine hours on my feet, I sure was thinking "what I could use right about now is a very small rabbit, but without a head, that would be bothersome". (The Mister is all for it, because he has come to hate the rabbits with about as much emotion as I've ever seen him feel about anything.) He catches the occasional bird, lots of mice and every now and again he takes on a full-grown squirrel, without any luck.

Toby is as happy outside, as in. Here he is having a nap out in the garden, amongst the myrtle. ("See how my fur contrasts pleasingly with the foliage that surrounds me? I am nothing if not a creator of beauty.") And there he is enjoying the pools of sunshine that flood the living room in the morning. We have moved the coffee table that previously got in the way of his daily pleasure, and he treats it as though that is his due.












In my next life, I would like to come back as a well-fed, suburban cat. (Except I would have to eat tuna.)

1 comment:

RedSkull1977 said...

What a cutie, we have two now and Lisa is pushing for a third. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks!