Monday, September 29, 2008

Amazing Race 13 Ep. 1

Anyone get the feeling that this was a whole lot of 'been there, done that'?

I don't think I've ever seen a first episode of the Amazing Race before where I knew who was going to be eliminated in the first 5 minutes. Those geriatric Dead Heads were nice enough, but appeared to be partaking in the Amazing Stroll Through Commune rather than the Amazing Race. Also? I'm afraid my hair will look like that when I am 60.

Whiney Fat Boy in the Blue Shirt is pretty annoying, no? I think he should go just because of that stupid yellow bandana, if nothing else. The other one seems to be normal enough, but Bandana Boy was freaking out about everything.....maybe switch to decaf, dude. And if I ever have to se either one of them without a shirt again, I am going to raise one hell of a stink. That's just hurtful. (On the other hand? Dallas, of the Mother and Son Team, should be required to race topless.)
How did they NOT guess that the "mystery" question would be about the number of steps? Thing 1 and I both said that first thing....I'd have just counted the steps to keep my mind off the throbbing mess that would be my knees.

I don't know, I get a funny feeling about that ex-NFL player and his Cruella DeVille wife....I think, I think, he may have cheated on her, because that is the vibe I am getting. Subtle, I know, but I can't shake it. Maybe we'll find out later. Also, this just in, Kelly and Christie appear to be divorced.

I am very glad that I did not name either of my daughters "Sarah", although it is a lovely name, because apparently, when you are named Sarah, you are doomed to have a boyfriend who is an asshole. Happens every season.

Terrance is a huge tool already; I'm surprised he didn't complain that she should stop speaking Portuguese to everyone, because it made him feel inadequate. When someone says they are a "free spirit" that "only does what makes [him] happy", you know that means he's never going to be bothered doing anything that makes anyone else happy. And prefacing everything with "Honey, I love you dearly but..." would get you a sound ass-kicking around here. And what the hell was with his hair during their interview???? Thing 1 and I rewound it a couple of times to get a good look at that.

So far, I like the Comic Book Nerds and Aja and Ty. They seem to be the only ones who can interact with each other with any level of normalcy. Team Brother and Sister seem to be all hyped up and competitive, but I have to give props to Nick for saying Bandana Frat Boy wasn't in customer relations.

I like how Southern Belle #1 (No way am I going to be able to keep them straight. I don't even know their names and I probably won't bother to do so.) said that it was "hard being in a strange airport, particuarly in a foreign country". Because apparently she's never seen this show before, and was under the impression it was filmed in her backyard.

Well, even a so-so Race episode is still better than almost anything else on tv!

No comments: