- The new Dave Matthews Band CD came out today, and I've listened to it endlessly in an attempt to know all the words by this time next week, when Big Liver Girl and I go to Toronto to see our Rock and Roll Boyfriends.
- The sun is shining and the air is clear, the birds are singing, Toby is dozing in the breezeway and I don't have to put on coats or boots or shovel anything.
- I started my "Learn to Run" class last night (I know, nobody is more surprised than me.) and I didn't embarrass myself at all. I was afraid I'd finish as a weepy, wheezy heap by the end of the class, but I managed to look presentable the whole time.
- Thing 2 had a track meet at Thing 1's high school today, and I had a chance to visit with Thing 1 during her lunch break. Not only did I get to put a face to the names of all the kids she's been talking about all year ("That's the Oompah-Loompah Kid") I met one of her teachers and a cafeteria lady. I'm pretty sure most of the kids in that school would not happily show their mothers around for the better part of an hour, and I'm pumped that mine did and we had such a good time together.
- Thing 2's track meet went well, and although she didn't place, it was fun nonetheless. She was happy enough to get a piece of pizza and call it a day.
- The jacket that I had my eye on in Eddie Bauer was sold out of my size, thereby saving me $99.
And the day's not even over yet!