Friday, May 21, 2010

Things I Learned This Week

1. Young teenage boys tend to wear their hair in a very swoopy way that will make you want to throttle the living shit out of them every time they flick their bangs out of their eyes.

2. You learn to manage stress. You have to learn how to do it, it does not come naturally to anyone. Watching someone learn this is kind of painful.

3. An ensemble of flutes, trombones, clarinets, saxaphones and trumpets played by elementary school children sounds like a rampaging herd of bees coming to kill you.

4. Hospitals smell awful.

5. Chocolate ice cream will make you feel better. And a hug. While you eat chocolate ice cream.

6. When someone starts a sentence with "no offence, but..." they are about to offend you.

7. No matter how much weight I gain, my feet never get fat.

8. Having something to look forward to can make all the difference.

9. Cats have some serious impatience issues.

10. I can't remember at time when I wasn't at least a little bit tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on Mrs L, the young girls scream when teenage boys flip their bangs. ;)

I hope you didn't have to listen the bees for too long.

And the rule I follow so I don't use the "but" word is knowing that I've just discounted anything that I've said prior to but. There are times when I use it that way intentionally though.

Have a great weekend!