Monday, October 8, 2012

Amazing Race 21, Ep. 2

It always sucks to see a team go home entirely because of taxi luck. I really liked Amy and what's his head, and it's too bad they are gone through no fault of their own.

I read "Pudong Airport" as "Pudding Airport", and was momentarily reallly thrilled.

The bull racing task was more of a time-killer than an actual task. Other than "not falling off and being embarrassed in front of 10,000 Indonesians", the racers actually didn't actually have to do much. I manage to not embarrass myself in front of 10,000 Indonesians every day.

That had to be the most freaking adorable child ever giving that clue at the balloon challenge. It was the tiny Harry Potter glasses that got me.

And I have to say, the Chippendales were so delighted and goofy about working with kids, my Grinchy little heart melted a little. Those two may not be the brightest bulbs on the chandelier, but anyone who gets all that puppy-like enthusiastic about working with kids goes way up in my books.

Team Monster Truck needs to stop berating locals who are doing their best to get the job done. Gues what, Yellow Beard? Random Indonesian Taxi Driver is trying to make a living, he doesn't care that you are in a race with a bunch of other relatively rich Americans to win a boatload of money. Stop trying to make him care by yelling at him.

The Twins redeemed themselves somewhat from last week's screaming bitch-fest, but Mother of God, could you please turn down the volume? You don't need to SHOUT OUT EVERY SINGLE THOUGHT IN YOUR HEAD, you know.

"Kick-Ass Sri Lankans". Band name!

Who knew that "tying balloons" would be another skill one has to put on the "Things I Need To Master Before Going On The Race"?

I want to root for David and Goliath, I really do; any "uber-fans" of the race have a soft spot in my heart but, RACE, dammit! Saying "we're not going to run" makes it very difficult for me to root for you.

Favorite Line of the Night: "If there's one thing gay guys are naturally good at, it's making balloon animals." Words to live by.


That preview for next week didn't tell me a damn thing about what's going to happen next week.

Until next week....

No comments: