Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Teaser

Another snowy, wintry day here today, but it's not quite so cold, so I'm not quite so cranky.
Thing 2 has project assignment at school that involves doing things around the house. I'm not sure what the object of the assignment is, but this is one homework task that I can totally get behind. One of her ideas was to shovel the driveway when it needs it, and considering the way this winter seems to be shaping up, she could be out there permanently until May.

Here she is trying to heave a shovel full up onto the waist-high snowbanks beside the driveway. She's a trooper.

But, in contrast to the outdoors, I was delighted to discover that my hibiscus plant has bloomed:

All that glorious, lush and dazzling show was very welcome on this snowy, January afternoon. It will be spring someday!

1 comment:

Erin said...

This has nothing to do with your post, but I was just looking up your recipe for roasted potatoes (making them tonight) and was shocked and amazed to read the post on making your own marshmallows. Please, please tell me this isn't true. I was just, this Christmas, mocking the Martha Stewart article on making your own marshmallows. Are they really worth it? Isn't it a little ostentatious to say, "I made some hot chocolate, would you like me to toss on a couple of my HOMEMADE marshmallows?" Until this Christmas, I didn't know it was even possible to make your own marshmallows -- don't they just grow on trees in some foreign country, like fruit and nuts??
You crack me up -- but I would like to try one!