Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Do You Want To See Me Cry?

After the faintest, subtlest, most tenuous signs of a change in the season, I was actually beginning to let myself believe that perhaps, perhaps, spring was on it's way.
And then, this afternoon, I was greeted with this view out my dining room window. How cruel can Mother Nature be? (Answer? Way cruel.)
I blame my mother. She recklessly, and with wanton disregard, put away all the winter boots this past weekend. And in doing so, she has condemned the rest of us to this kind of retaliation. (When I asked her what she was going to do if it snowed again, she defiantly declared that she just wouldn't leave the house until "all of this nonsense is over".) I will give you her e-mail address if you would like to berate her yourself.
When the kids came in from school, they were irate with the sudden change in temperatures. (Like it was my fault.) As Thing 2 said, with anguished exasperation, "I'm tired of talking about the weather!"
Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit better, but we've heard that one before. I think I know a tiny little bit how prisoners of war feel....you know it's got to end sometime, but when?

No comments: