Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Running On Empty

You will have to forgive me, I'm running on fumes right about now.

I was out until way past my bedtime last night, working at a fundraising event for retina research, called Comic Vision. (My mother has age related macular degeneration, so I figure that by helping at this event the past few years, I am hedging my bets, karma-wise.) The comedy night was great, and the Mister and Thing 1 came along to help, so we made plenty of deposits in the Bank Of Good Karma.) My main purpose at the event is to help run the Silent Auction, but mostly to cash out people at the end of the evening, because I, apparently, am the only person in the room who can operate a debit machine. I guess all my friends haven't had retail jobs since the 80's.

We got home at about 11:30, and I went straight to bed, knowing I had a busy day at work today. (Thing 1 asked if she had to get up to go to school this morning, to which I said, if I have to go to work, you have to go to school.) But I still didn't get my full 8 hours, and am ridiculous as a result. (The last time this happened, Big Liver Girl and I went to a Dave Matthews concert in Toronto and didn't get home until two in the morning, and I had to go to a toy store and wrap Christmas presents as a fundraiser for my kids' school. Those presents looked like chimpanzees with ADD had wrapped them. I actually got a complaint from an unhappy customer, and I was sorely tempted to remind her that it was a free service, I had way more fun than her the night before, and she probably had very ugly children. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.)

I would make a deplorable policitcal prisoner....I'd collapse into a weeping heap of misery at the mere suggestion of sleep deprivation. Do not count on Mrs. Loudshoes to keep your dream of democracy alive; I would happily vote for fascist dictators if it meant I was assured a decent night's sleep.

I managed to keep it together at work, meaning I gave everyone what they asked for, and didn't make anyone cry, including me.

I am looking forward to propping myself up for the next hour in front of the new television and watching "America's Next Top Model" (because I have no shame) and then going to bed at 9:00, where I will enjoy a good refuelling.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Refuel that tank girlfriend because you have about six weeks til we paint the town red with Dave and Paolo... again! Can't wait. PS: you were awesome last night and that Ex you bought me may have been the best tasting beer of 2008.

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

2008 still has 8 months left. I'm sure we can find an even BETTER tasting beer by New Years.
And yes, I am very much looking forward to seeing Dave and Paolo in June, no matter what the cost to my well-being.