Monday, March 22, 2010

Amazing Race 16, Episode 6

For the love of all that is holy.....Joan of Arc is NOT Noah's wife!! Jeesh. I wonder if Caite thinks that Joan of Arc wandered around northern France collecting up the animals two by two to have them run over the invading English? She must not have ever seen "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure"....Miss of Arc shows up there.

I learn so much from this show, for example, good-looking people are not to be trusted on matters of directions. Also, French people do not speak much English. Imagine that!

I wish Jordan and Jeff did not go before Caite and Brent, simply because even though the two of them are as thick as two short planks, they were nice to each other, and enjoyed themselves and generally were entertaining. If I have to watch bumblers, at least I can like them.... "We are the reason kids should stay in school!" They really didn't have too much of a chance to catch up; they left almost 3 hours behind the detectives.

One more thing to put on my List Of Things To Bring on the Race: Duct Tape. Already on the list? calculator, Chinese-English dictionary, WD-40 and a humongous atlas.

I think Brandy's default settings are just set to "Bitch". She's one of those people who just complains and whines and natters about every. little. thing. she's even the slightest bit unhappy with. I'm sure it's a coping mechanism of sorts, but it's very tiresome for the rest of us. And yes, I get it: you are a refined, sophisticated woman of the world who is used to the finer things in life, and this race is completely without reason. Now shut up about it.

I've finally figured out who the detectives remind me of...it was driving me crazy! Bert and Ernie!
Seriously, is it that hard to find crack in someone's backside? I guess it depends on how much crack they have up there.

That tower of glasses task was brutal, I can't believe anyone managed it. It was delightful, though, how l-o-o-o-o-ng it took for Caite and BreNt's tower to fall, that just went on forever.

Caite is really not doing much to "re-habilitate" her image here. She came on the race to show that she's not dumb, but not only is she not doing that (Joan of Ark IS A GUY!), but she's coming off as a major passive-aggresshole. That whole "you make the decision, but it's going to be WRONG" shit pushes every last one of my buttons. And I was beginning to LIKE her last week! How did either of them not notice that they were running up to the Pit Stop but had not been instructed to do so? The "what the hell" look from Phil and Brandy were both hilarious.

I still love the cowboys, and I really love the "Indiana Jones" music that accompanies them.

Until next week!

No comments: