Friday, February 22, 2008

A Charmed Life.

I was reminded today, that I really do live a charmed existance, most of the time. My stress levels are negligable most of the time, and any stress I do have is largely self-induced. (Note to self: put the car keys back in the same place every single time. Jeez.)
I did a young lady's hair back on Wednesday, and through my own stupid fault, it did not turn out the way she wanted. (I'd recount the whole story, but it's long and I don't come out of it well at all.) She was a very lovely, sweet and incredibly understanding girl, and I was lucky that she was so nice about the whole thing.
Yesterday, I got a call from the receptionist that she wanted to come back and have it done again today. Yay! I thought, at least she's giving me another shot, which, frankly, is probably more than I would have done under the circumstances. But Boo! My stomach started to do gymnastics at the thought of screwing it up again. And my digestive system proceeded to taunt me and jeer at me for the next 24 hours.

As I did the fix-up job today, I prayed mightily....."Okay, God, you have really not given me much slack this week; almost everything I've asked for, I've been turned down on. So, come on, could you please, please, make this one job turn out for both our sakes? Because I don't really want to quit hairdressing just yet, and I don't want her to stalk me and kill me, because she is much too pretty to be in jail." And God must have been in a very charitable mood, because it turned out just fine, and the young woman was very happy and I nearly broke down in grateful tears right then and there.

And as I drove home, with a whopping great headache, and my shoulders up around me ears and my belly growling because I hadn't been able to eat, I realized that I literally couldn't remember the last time I had been so stressed out. And I think a lot of people feel like this a lot of the time. And I'm okay with having the occasional reminder that I have it pretty good. Even if it does interfere with lunch.

No comments: