Thursday, February 21, 2008

Everybody's Happy

The Mister has done two things in as many days that have thrilled me to my toes and ensured that I will cleave unto him for good.

One is that he cleaned out the freezer. I mean cleaned it out, defrosted it, swept up all the frozen peas that had made a break for it, and wiped down the sides. (I have cleaned out the freezer myself before, and made a great big noisy fuss about doing it too. Hate that job.) Then he went and bought a couple of containers to organize the freezer and keep it that way, and I keep going in and opening it and looking at it with awe and wonder. It is beautiful, and I am beside myself with gratitude.
The second thing he did was order me a stand-mixer online and then went and picked it up today. I have lusted after one of those things for God knows how long, and could never justify splashing out the money for one. After our old hand mixer coughed it's last breath a few weeks ago, Himself set himself a task of finding a stand-mixer on sale, and by God, he did it. (The old hand-mixer was a shower present from when we got married 15 years ago, and now that I think of it, I can barely believe it lasted as long as it did.)
Here is my lovely new Birthday/Valentine's gift:


Note the shiny, shiny bowl and the pristine white casing. (Note also the lovely gold, floral, '70's tile backsplash in my kitchen, which is original to the house. I keep hoping that if I wait long enough, it will be considered "vintage".) It makes my kitchen look so much more.....swishy.

I made meringues in it right away, and it whipped up those egg whites to peaks as firm and glossy as Posh Spice's fake boobs in nanoseconds. I think I am very happy with my new aquisition.

Of course, I was not the only one happy with this new thing, because the new thing came in a box. And Toby adores a good box:



See? Everybody's happy.

2 comments:

Speranza Speaks said...

That box photo with Toby made me laugh out loud -- he is hilarious! Thought bubble might go something like: "No one can see me in my cunning new hiding place. I dazzle all with my stealth and cunning."
LOVE him, love the blog ...

Mrs. Loudshoes said...

I KNOW! Isn't he hilarious? "My human captors are no match for my shrewd trickery! I am the master of subterfuge and sly cunning!" In a box.