Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Secret's Out.

One of the (young) women I work with asked me recently what the Mister and I were doing for Valentine's day. I replied that we have been married for 15 years, and that that sort of thing went out the window a l-o-o-o-ng time ago. Not that we aren't still very pleased with each other, or that we don't appreciate each other, but the days of romantic foo-for-all are long gone. I'd rather he was nice to me the other 364 days of the year, rather than pissing me off all that time and then trying to make it up on February 14th.

Most men have never figured out (or had anyone tell them) that it's the day to day stuff that really matters, not the occasional grand gesture. To most women I know, the most thrilling words in the world are not "Good God! You are the most beautiful, dynamic, breath-taking woman I have ever met!". The most thrilling words in the world are "I'll do the dishes".

The Mister does all the laundry every Wednesday. For that alone, I'm his forever.

No comments: