Friday, February 29, 2008

A Girl Can Dream, Can't She?

My friends Wendy and Sandy e-mailed me yesterday, ecstatic with the news that, Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson will be playing a concert at the Kokua Festival in Hawaii at the end of April.
In case you didn't know, Dave Matthews is my Rock and Roll Boyfriend, and I have the Mister's permission to walk out the door without looking back him should he ever come calling for me. (Mr. Matthews is married with three kids, so it's not looking likely that this shall ever happen. And he doesn't know I exist. And I might not really like him very much once I actually meet him. But how cool is Himself?)

Wendy and Sandy were thrilled with the idea that two performers of which we three are so enamoured will be playing together, and the fact that the concert will be somewhere warm and exotic is the icing on the cake.

After some investigation, Wendy was genuinely disappointed to discover that the tickets were sold out, and we were out of luck.

Because, of course, getting the tickets to this event was our only obstacle.

No comments: