Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not Exactly "Parents of the Year".

We went out to Wal-Mart last week, because that is what passes for a family outing for the Loudshoes family. (I hate Wal-Mart, but when you need to get apples, a lottery ticket, shoes, a mop and milk, it's hard to find anywhere else you to go without making 43 stops.)

While Thing 1 and I were busy perusing the myriad of choices in the sock department, Thing 2 and the Mister were off in the junk food aisle, plotting their imminent decline in health. Thing 2 adores microwave popcorn, and was thrilled to find a case of this on sale for a ridiculous price:

I wasn't too happy with this nutritional decision, but since the Mister had already approved it's purchase, I relented. When we got home, I checked the label, to find that one bag of popped corn has 250 calories and 15 grams of fat. (By contrast, the same amount of hot-air popcorn has about 138 calories and 0 grams of fat.)

As she happily tore into a freshly popped bag, I remarked to Himself that we might as well just give her a cigarette.

No comments: