Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Kiss From Prince Toby

Okay, you know Toby has become enamored of my sleepytime earplugs, so much so that he has actually ingested one. I'm beginning to get used to him snorting and snuffling at my ears in the wee hours, in an attempt to pluck them right out of my head. It's like the sun comes up to a certain level and he is possessed with the urge to go after that ear plug. (Ironic, really, since the ear plugs were initially implemented to help me sleep.)
This morning, being Sunday, was tough on Toby; nobody gets up early enough for his liking, and the humans are fiendishly hard to rouse. He spent from about 6:30 until about 8:00 getting increasingly distressed that he was the only one up, and there seemed to be very little inclination on anyone's part to get him his tuna. He climbed up on top of me, at one point, to see if maybe the earplugs had been put back in my ears, since he had already tried that gambit once that morning, and perhaps now he could have another go at it.
Then, as he sniffed around at my head a little more, he reared up and he sneezed, right in my ear. It was like a freaking gunshot going off! It scared the snot out of me. Plus, the left side of my head was covered in cat slobber. It was indescribably disgusting; really, really vile. It was, quite literally, the rudest awakening I ever had.
From now on, I'm going to wear earplugs plus a toque to bed.

No comments: