Monday, April 20, 2009

Amazing Race 14, Ep. 9

I was tired of the whole Grade Six Girl Drama at the cluebox way before they got to the Amazing Bathmat. I've got plenty of Grade Six Girl Drama going on at home, I don't need it on my tv.
I don't care who was there first or who said what to whom, both Keisha and Luke came off looking like idiots. Would it kill either one of them to wait the, oh, I don't know, 12 tenths of a second for the other one to get out of the way either time? It seems to me that when people claim to be "competitive", it's really an excuse to behave like an asshole.

Too bad for Jaime that this race takes her to places where there are other people. I'm sure she had no idea whatsoever that this whole adventure would entail cities and popular places and people who don't speak English. I certainly hope she is able to go back to her life as a cave-dwelling hermit after this.
I thought her head might actually burst into flames when the dancing judge told them they didn't do the dance properly. Female Dancing Judge was enjoying her authority way too much, if you ask me.

Apparently, you have to either be female, or able to pass as one, to be a cab driver in Guilin.

I loved the two old people eating lunch at the Pit Stop. What a job that would be..."here, sit down, have some tea and rice, and when sweaty, heaving foreigners come tearing up to the mat, say your bit."

The Stuntbrothers never had a chance, did they? Although that was possibly the worst Speed Bump ever....they didn't even have to style those two old ladies. By the way, how much do you think they got paid to be manhandled by those two? I was shouting the whole time "you don't need to shampoo her eyebrows too!!"

Favorite Line of the Night: "We can understand our cabbie when he tells us he doesn't know where he's going".

Speaking Chinese wasn't much of an advantage for Victor and Tammy, although if the calligraphy task had gone a little differently, it might have. I guess the whole idea of the tast was that you had to copy the names down, and then ask a local to interpret it for you. If you didn't do a good job, you could easily get told to go the wrong way. So Victor and Tammy's skills helped everyone else as well as them.
How uncomfortable did Victor look during the Pit Stop drama?

I guess I'm hoping Victor and Tammy win now. They're the only ones who seem to be having a good time.

Until next week!

No comments: