Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Best Defense Is A Good Offense.

Usually, when I come home from work, I am greeted by both my children as if I have just returned from battle carrying Oreos, pudding and marshmallows; they run to the door with open arms and big hugs and delighted squeals and it is all very wonderful. (We've never had a dog, but I'm sure it is the human equivelent of a Golden Retreiver's welcome. )

This evening, I was greeted by Thing 1, but not Thing 2. Thing 2 was nowhere in sight. When I asked the Mister where she was, he told me that she had been removed from human company because she had soundly kicked her sister in a minor domestic dispute.

Her banishment was threefold: the physical assault itself, her stalwart defense that she had been justified and it was all her sister's fault, and her tenatious refusal to issue an apology. She had been in her room for about an hour when I came on the scene, and so I went in to talk to her, to see if perhaps a new perspective could jolly her along. I nearly burst out laughing when I saw the following note taped to her door:

Looks like it's going to be a long night.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh Sophie!!!! hahah
Children are the greatest.
I must say though...it was a pretty good note...makes sense to me lol.

Wendy said...

yes - that girls rocks! I pity mr. thing2-to-be!

Speranza Speaks said...

Isn't this a Buddhist koan?

I can see a lot of you in this gal ... plus you can get away with a LOT when you are so charming!
SUCH a smart girl.