Sunday, September 2, 2007

A Good Day

Is there anything better than a Sunday with nothing planned? I think not. Today was such a day.
After sleeping in this morning, I had the distinct pleasure of the Sunday crossword and a cup of coffee out in the backyard, with only the cat for company. (He's lousy at the crossword, by the way.) After another cup of coffee and almostbutnotquite finishing the puzzle, I managed to steal a couple of minutes on the computer, wasting them entirely on Facebook and my e-mail.
Off I went to the in-laws to pick up Thing 2, who had spent a couple of very profitable days with her grandparents and aunt. (She managed to procure some clothes, an entire shopping bag full of candy and a bottle of allergy meds.) The 4o minute drive was spend listening to the CBC, laughing (without having to explain it to anyone) and the weather was spectacular....it looked like all of Oxford County had been dipped in gold. I picked up a very grateful Thing 2, who had occasional but dibilitating pangs of homesickeness while gone. (Which is kind of surprising, considering that she doesn't seem to like us very much when she's here.)
I got home, and managed to get done an odious task that I had been putting off for some time, namely, organzing the Tupperware cupboard. (Honestly, I haven't bought Tupperware in about 10 years, but I swear it muliplies all by itself in there.) So glad that's done. I keep opening the cupboard just to admire my work.
An easy dinner on the table, Himself cleaned up, and now I'm off to read in the breezeway and enjoy an evening with very little on the agenda.
It's been a good day. Not an exciting one, but a good day.

No comments: