Friday, September 7, 2007

Toby in a Box



Toby loves a good box. Can't pass one up, in fact. If there's a box in the vicinity, he has to get in it. And then chew the edges right off.I don't see the attraction of it myself, but then again, I don't get why balloon strings are so wildly entertaining or the positively hypnotic attributes of typing fingers: I'm not a cat.


A box that actually can accomodate his dimensions is particularly prized, but hardly necessary. The second b0x was perfectly acceptable , in Toby's opinion, despite the fact that it was woefully inadequate to the task. If all you can fit in a box is your paw, then, technically, you are in the box.
Coolers, gym bags and salad bowls are all acceptable box alternatives, and he goes positively giddy near a backpack left on the floor. I'm terrified that I will accidentaly take him to work one day. That might not be much of a problem, though, we have lots of boxes there.


2 comments:

jellybellybean said...

He's adorable. I think you should put him in a box and ship him over here.

Speranza Speaks said...

This cat is quite, quite lovely! His face is beautiful. Our cats do the same, especially schoolbags and recently one leapt into an (empty) aquarium. (Scuba cats rule ...)