Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Unbearable Lightness of Wednesdays.

An uneventful day today, full of momentous moments and mundane tasks.
I took the bus today, as I usually do on Wednesdays. The university students are back and because none of them can walk, even though they can see the campus from the bus stop, it filled up pretty quickly. Just to tell you, Girl in Ear-Wax-Gold T-Shirt, you don't need to marinate in your perfume, and Way Too Cool Dude in Large Baggy Pants, you're hardly a straight up gangsta if you're catching the bus here in the burbs. I saw one guy driving to work in his car with all the windows rolled up and he was belting out some song with everything he had, all head back and eyes closed. He looked very pleased with himself, and I couldn't help wondering what the hell he was listening to, because I think I'd maybe like it very much.
Work was easy and productive; I got to see some of my very favorite people, I got to experiment with a friend's hair colour (I'm relatively new to hair colour, and it's like winning the lottery every time I get it right.) and I got to chat and laugh with the people I work with. I got a few chances to reflect that my life is easier and more charmed than most.
All was well on the home front, with Thing 1's head back in it's normal position, and Thing 2 full of chat. ("Mommy, how do people in wheelchairs go to the bathroom?") The cat found a box outside (he loves a good box) and proceeded to delight and charm us with all the permutations of "How Cute Do I Look In This Box?"
It's easy to think that an ordinary day is boring. But it isn't.

No comments: