Friday, October 26, 2007

Do You Fear What I Fear.

I popped into the grocery store after work today, to get some salmon for dinner. (I'm not sure if the salmon has just come into the grocery store, or is fresh today or anything, but by buying it today, I think it's fresh for me.)
As usual, there is never just one thing to get at the grocery store, so I zipped further into the abyss. I shouldn't have, because as I rounded one of the aisles, BAM! I was assaulted by a Christmas display. Gahhh!! In October. It's not even Halloween! We haven't even had frost on the ground yet! What is wrong with the world when we have to deal with Christmas eight and a half weeks before the event???? Isn't it bad enough that my entire November and December is overwhelmed by the retail world's obsession with Christmas, but now it's bled into October as well?? Oh, the horror. Next year I'm sure to be reminded of Christmas while I'm buying Easter crap. I could lie on the floor and weep.

When I am Supreme Commander of All The Known World, I will banish all talk of Christmas until December the 1st. (Also on my list: rap music will be banned, underwear is mandatory by all and sundry and chocolate becomes the fifth food group.)


I'm off to Montreal for the weekend, to attend a hair show. (Which, if I am honest, is really a "freak show".) So, unless I score a laptop and some air time, I'll be off the blog until I get back. See you all on Tuesday.

No comments: