Sunday, October 14, 2007

Japanese Game Shows

God, I just love Japanese game shows.
They certainly have a very different mindset when it comes to testing contestants' prowess. None of this namby-pamby "question and answer" stuff for these guys, no sirrree. The Japanese contestant has to be way more physical and way more willing to be humiliated.
Also, the producers have tons more imagination than here in the west....just try and find this sort of thing on "Family Feud". (The penchent for costumes intrigues me.) If anyone can explain the reason why they have to jump into an inflatable swimming pool full of baby powder, I'd love to know.)
This one, in particular, is wonderful. What I wouldn't give to be in on those production meetings! (If only I had learned Japanese.)
How these people lost the War, I'll never know.

1 comment:

RedSkull1977 said...

Japan also has the fewest number of lawyers and lawsuits in the developed world. Coincidence?