Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's As Easy As....

I do all the cooking here at Chez Loudshoes, and I'm happy to do it. I get to cook what I like and,for the most part, people here eat it. I also like to peruse cookbooks for new stuff to make, and think I should get just as much credit for what I don't try as for what I do. (I once saw a recipe for "Curried Wieners On Toast". That perhaps qualifies for the most disgusting thing I could ever think of. I did not make it.)

I saw this "recipe" on the Epicurious website, for "Salted Water for Boiling" and had a bit of trouble actually wrapping my head around it. Honest to God, I'm not making this up. And then I saw that it has 776 reviews. Hilarious.

Among my favorites: "I work at a hospital. I am going to pass this recipe on to their kitchen. It will be a definite improvement on their current menu. Thank you."
"This is a great recipe, but a couple of simple substitutions make it REALLY stand out! Instead of water I used scotch whiskey, and substituted soda for the salt. You can skip the pesky boiling part... just pour it over ice and you're good to go!!"
"If you like this, you'd love my mother's recipe for Wind Pudding with Air Sauce ..."
And, my personal favorite: "Wonderful, very moist!"

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I suppose I like the well written sarcastic comments a bit better...

Too many flavours competing with each other... would not make again.